Total Pageviews

2011-09-17

Email from a fan

I recently received a very uplifting email from a fan of the Galactic Alliance series.  I won't post it here because I believe in keeping people's personal lives personal. It is the first email I've received from a reader of that series and it described how the book echoes the depression he felt when he lost his wife and unborn child.  It is emails like these that help encourage me to write even more especially since I've been trying to include a human element in all of my stories.  Science fiction is more than just a story about high-tech weapons and futuristic societies spanning the stars.  There is always one or more characters who's lives we are following and that is what the story is really about.

Work on "Trust But Verify" is proceeding well.  I should have time to write quite a few pages in the coming week.  I will be in training next week and that usually means I have quite a bit of time to write while the rest of the class studies.  I've never had a problem remembering things we are taught and I never have to study in order to pass a test - so while the others hit the books, I write one.

I am beginning to work through the logistics of a third Dragonverse book.  There are many possibilities and I think I've settled on one that will keep the reader flipping pages.  As with all my past books, I never outline, I never write down notes, and I have only a vague idea as to where the story will go when I sit down to write.  Often, the story takes on a life of its own and even I am surprised as to how things eventually come together.  On rare occasions I write myself into a corner but after sleeping on the problem for a few nights I always find a solution.  Dragonverse 3 will be the next book I work on following my current project.

View or purchase my books at Smashwords.  Visit my web page.